Top 10 James Bond Bad Guys
We are continuing our James Bond top tens with our favourite James Bond bad guys. Bond wouldn’t be complete without an arch nemesis or evil henchman to do battle with. The Bond villain has been as instrumental to the franchise’s success as Bond himself. Many great actors have filled the role as the ying to Bonds yang.
10. Gert Fröbe as Auric Goldfinger in Goldfinger (1964)
Goldfinger is probably the most famous of all the movies and it is partly down to the performance by Gert Fröbe as Auric Goldfinger. He and Sean Connery delivered one of the most quotable lines in cinema history. “Do you expect me to talk?” “No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”
9. Bruce Glover & Putter Smith as Mr Wint & Mr Kidd in Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
This double-act play master assassins in the 1971 movie, Diamonds are forever. They are on our list because of the various different ways in which they kill and the almost sexual enjoyment they get from doing it.
8. Mads Mikkelsen as Le Chiffre in Casino Royale (2006)
Not the strongest physically but Le Chiffre is more than a match for Bond both at both the poker table and at outsmarting each other. The scene with the open bottomed chair, a large rope and Bond’s danglies is one of the best torture scenes we have seen.
7. Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No in Dr. No (1962)
He was the first Bond bad guy on the Silver Screen. He didn’t get much screen time but what he did made way for the range of amazing bad guys that followed.
6. Richard Kiel as Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
We all know Jaws. 7ft1” and had metal teeth. Pure bad-ass.
5. Christopher Lee as Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)
The only man who wanted to kill Bond for the satisfaction of killing the best. Couple that to the acting talents of Christopher Lee and you had cinema magic.
4. Telly Salvas as Ernst Blofeld in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
The Blofeld story is varied and has a serious lack of continuity but Telly Salvas played our second favourite incarnation of the character that is synonymous with Bond.
3. Christopher Walken as Max Zorin in A View To A Kill (1985)
Christopher Walken playing a genetically engineered homicidal millionaire. Doesn’t come much better than that.
2. Javier Bardem as Silva in Skyfall (2012)
We were going to publish this list last week but we are glad we didn’t. The performance from Javier Bardem was so good we had to have him in this list. The scene with him in his cell at MI6 is particularly good.
1. Donald Pleasance as Ernst Blofeld in You Only Live Twice (1967)
This had to be number 1. The Blofeld that gave the inspiration for Dr. Evil has to be the most iconic. Plus he lived in a hollowed out volcano. He is the epitome of Bond bad guys.
There you have it, our Top Ten James Bond Bad Guys!
Like this post? Read our Skyfall First Review here or check out our top 10 Bond Girls!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or if you are really geeky, circle us on Google+.