Rory McIlroy Joins Nike Golf
So it’s now official, Rory McIlroy joins Nike Golf and has a signed a new multi year deal reported to be worth £156 million over it’s duration, eclipsing that of even Tiger Woods.
Rory, the current world number one, will move lock stock to Nike Golf, including clubs, balls and all! It’s a risky move, let’s be honest. In the past players have moved manufactures and it hasn’t always gone their own way, such as Paul Casey to Nike a few years ago. But if anyone can, then we are pretty sure Rory can manage it.
Rory McIlroy will make his debut in his Nike get up at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship this week, which also includes Tiger Woods. And we can’t wait to see how he gets on! And at just 23, he has a long time to settle in!
What do you think? Is it all about the cash? Will the World’s Number One golfer be able to stay at the top?
We have listed the full extent of Rory’s new golfing arsenal below:
- Driver: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 9.5-degree, neutral position
- Fairway Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/15-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades (3-PW)
- Wedges: Nike VR Pro 54-degree and 60-degree
- Putter: Nike Method 006 Prototype
- Ball: Nike 20XI X
- Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance Collection
- Footwear: Nike Lunar Control